Monday, May 17, 2010

The Color Purple

One of my favourite parts of a very unique novel ('The Color Purple'- Alice Walker), winner of a National Book Award and a Pulitzer Price


Here's the thing, say Shug. The thing I believe. God is inside you and inside everybody else. You come into the world with God. But only them that search for it inside find it. And sometimes it just manifest itself even if you not looking, or don't know what you looking for. Trouble do it for most folks, I think. Sorrow, lord.

It? I ast

Yeah, It. God ain't a he or a she, but a It.

But what do it look like? I ast

Don't look like nothing, she say. It ain't a picture show. It ain't something you can look at apart from anything else, including yourself. I believe God is everything, say Shug. Everything that is or ever was or ever will be. And when you can feel that, and be happy to feel that, you've found it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Jnana =)
    Just wanted to say thanx for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog and truly, I'm loving yours! Some of your posts remind me of myself in many ways and I look forward to reading more of your reflections.
    Oh and the Color Purple, is it a good book? I haven't read it yet but its on my summer reading list =P is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =) Yes, The Color Purple is one of my favorites! Definitely worth it

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *