Friday, November 30, 2012

Not that you'd be interested

There are many forces of discomfort playing at my life today:

  • Firstly, it rained. I know that's an everyday occurrence in most parts of the world, but it's an exceptional event here that makes it to breaking news. I don't like complaining about any weather, but I can't help letting the gloomy, dark wetness dampen my mood a teeny bit. 
  • Secondly, I spent most of the day in the presence of people and I feel that inexplicable need to just sit alone in my room now. And I'm annoyed with my anti-social self for feeling that way. 
  • Finally, Monday's off for the UAE National Day, and the university has still not decided when the make up for those classes will be. I have a presentation and two assignments due that day, and not knowing when is very close to disastrous for me.
But I am comfortable, in spite of the evil discomfort forces. I'm sitting here with a pack of Sohar Chips (eating super-fast before my sister realizes I've nicked it) and an open, ignored Auditing textbook, and I'm so proud of myself for being this comfortable! 

Tomorrow, Dazzling_Mage at A Reading Kabocha will be hosting a Read-a-thon for three days, so I am hoping this helps me catch up with my to-read list. I can't seem to decide which book to start with, and it's one of those moments where I'm pleased with the sort of tough decision I have to face. :)

"How are you feeling today?" 

13 comments:

  1. Even here where rain is more common, I can't help but let the gloom get me down a bit either, I wouldn't beat yourself up for it! As for wanting/needing time to yourself, just take it, enjoy it, then be ready for more social activities once you're recharged. Word of advice for the make up classes, just get them done as if they are due on Monday. Then you won't have to worry about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true- "recharging" alone contributes to future social activities :) Thank you for the advice- I'm actually already done with them but it just unnerves me not knowing when to hand them in and when I've got to present.

      Delete
  2. All my friends in Dubai have been talking about the rain. I wish you could send it all to Pakistan! It hasn't rained in my city since agesss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's surprising! I always thought Pakistan was rainy in winter.

      Delete
  3. Today was a sudden change in the weather I really liked it as you know we Dubai-ans need it badly :). My day went all good until and unless I had a big plate of Biryani ( Rice) which ruined my 4 continuous days of hard work ( workout) :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell from the 278491048 tweets and statuses that Dubai-ans really do need it badly! And don't feel guilty about your biryani plate- you deserve a treat every once in a while ;)

      Delete
  4. We had sunshine today and yesterday for the first time in a week or two. It felt good. But I understand how you're feeling. I definitely suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. It'll be like this for me until March, most likely. Usually I become antisocial when the wether is gray. Lovely blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must suck not getting enough sunshine. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  5. READATHON LOOKS COOL. But if it's for three days, I think I'm too late. It's already December 1st here :/

    HAVE FUN.

    I myself am totally a rain person. I lurrr-v rain. But I understand how grey skies can get you down - when we just get grey clouds, I get annoyed too :/

    I'm glad you are comfortable, and I hope your days go well (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope all your days go well, you awesome, amazing person! <3 You can still join the Read-a-thon, by the way!

      Delete
  6. I soo know that feeling...every single one of these points is taken from my life I'd swear!
    The blog's lovely Ghadeer and I'm looking forward to more.
    Love!
    P.S. How did the Read-A-Thon go...I missshed it...boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for empathizing :D
      The Read-a-Thon's going good- on my third novel now.

      Delete
  7. I'm so lagging behind with reading *sigh*; the Read-a-thon seems like a great idea! ;)
    I sometimes fear I'm turning into a social monster now. It's like, I feel so useless when people are not around me! :/

    ReplyDelete