Friday, March 8, 2013

Your loyal attendants

If you're ever feeling down, remember that there are over a hundred trillion tiny wardens whose sole purpose of existence is to keep you well and comfortable. Some of them make sure nothing harmful ever gets to you. You might not feel it when you're down with the flu, but those guys are kung-fu-ing their lives out of evil invaders. Many of them die trying.

While you're hogging out on food, your devoted guardians are working day and night ensuring you make the most out of your meals. They create careful amino acid structures (very complex ones, mind you!), referring to your genes for instructions, all without even a pause to wipe their foreheads.

It's a whole other world in there. Sometimes they're short of oxygen and send the commands to make you yawn. Other times, they can see how tired you're getting and force your thinking to slow down and eyes to flicker.

Just look down at yourself right now and feel loved, because everything, from the pumping heart and the breathing lungs, the enthusiastic nerves and the wise brain, is working 24/7 at your service.


14 comments:

  1. The human body is really an amazing thing, isn't it? I love your perspective on our "loyal attendants" - - :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder, G! There is so much more to learn about how everything works, all those cells and systems. And they are our loyal attendant, and how we abuse them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subhan'allah - it is absolutely amazing the way the body protects itself and heals itself. It is absolutely amazing, subhan'allah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'aw, this kinda reminds me of the cartoons we used to watch in science, those basic intros to How Your Body Works :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Just look down at yourself right now and feel loved, because everything, from the pumping heart and the breathing lungs, the enthusiastic nerves and the wise brain, is working 24/7 at your service."

    So far in life, I've spent time caring for the moribund about thrice, where each of the body parts slowly give up, and I've come away with a new appreciation for the parts of my body I never see and take always for granted. Lovely post.


    On a side note, please consider putting up the AZ Challenge badge so it is easier to identify your participation.


    Damyanti
    Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such an entertaining post!! I truly feel loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well written! And reminded me too to sleep now coz my brain needs to rest, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I feel so loved by God when I think about these kinds of things <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute way to explain this process.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I currently don't feel I'm very pleased my little guardians.*croaky cough,sniffly sounds*
    But you still made me go all Aww...maybe they do deserve some sleep...and antibiotics.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is so like my Mom. She has always taught me to look the people much lower than you and then look up and Thank God ( Allah). Great Post (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post, yes our guardians are working non stop. Have a great weekend.
    Dusana :-)

    http://dusana-attracthappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *