Monday, October 14, 2013

A Peaceful Place

I want to be back there.



Breathing in air emptied of all resentment. Circling the Ka'aba, stupefied by her grandeur. Enveloped by a single mass of kings and slaves in white. Moving effortlessly. Forgetting how it feels to be annoyed, worried, heated. Serenity. And then taking my soul up high, just enough to see myself in perspective- a tiny dot moving, with the billions around her, with the planets in their orbits. Whispering, again and again, Labbayk, Here I am.



8 comments:

  1. A sense of belonging, being part of the greater plan, is always desired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eid Mubarak to you and yours.
    My brother sent this same picture to me in the email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Most Beautiful Post of All Time.
    I feel completely lifted, Transported to Peace ItSelf
    and a sense of Place . . .
    Thank You . . . Thank You Very Much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must be a very light and liberating feeling to have.

    To address your comment on my post, there are one or two spoilers in that article, but nothing that I'd personally consider to be really unexpected. Hope that helps. If you read the article, feel free to let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eid Mubarak.
    'knowing' is all it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sighs* You always have the best words. You captured my memories of being on Umrah so perfectly. Missed your writing :')

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *